Saturday, February 21, 2009

Time of My Life - Allison Winn Scotch & 3 Willows - Ann Brashares



It's been awhile so this post will inclue reviews of two books I finished recently.


The first is Time of My Life by Allision Winn Scotch

This book is for anyone who wonders, "what if...." What if I took a different path, would my life be better? Jillian the main character in this novel found herself wondering these same things and the one morning she wakes up seven years in the past. She has the chance to do everything all over again, with the advantage of knowing what went "wrong." It was interesting to watch Jillian grapple with this new life, while also comparing it to the life she left behind. I enjoyed the book, but at times I was sick of constanly being in Jillian's head, and sometimes I had trouble seeing where she was coming from. I do give credit to Scotch who did have her character struggle with issues that many women and working mothers are constantly facing, she could have created a much fluffier version of the same story, but I think the novel is better for her having written the story as it stands.

The second book I read was 3 Willows by Ann Brashares. The line under the title stated "the sisterhood grows." I do enjoy reading Young Adult literature sometimes, and I had enjoyed listening to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series in the audio book format. However, I could not get into this book, I think I'm just too old. I read it in about two nights, but I didn't care about the characters and just didn't find them as entertianing as the traveling pants girls. This is probably a great book for the younger set, but if you enjoyed The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants as an adult I'm not sure you'd like this book.

1 comment:

  1. Time of My Life sounds like it has some of the what if regretfulness of Revolutionary Road - I grew tired of these whiners;) I may have to check that one out -thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete