Sunday, March 29, 2009

Matrimony :: Joshua Henkin

Jacket

Gosh, it's been awhile - I swear I have been reading. I have read quite a bit actually but have been feeling kind of apathetic and uninspired lately, sheesh. And then I read Matrimony.

Okay, it's not exactly like I read Matrimony and suddenly became inspired but really, I wanted to share this book. I liked it. It was simple - about likable people. About relationships - turbulence, typical daily struggles.

You have Julian, likable and from old money. Carter - from no money and jealous of people with money yet somehow a friend of Julian's. Mia, bright, fun and patient. Pilar, beautiful but she doesn't add a ton to the book. Anyways - we follow these 4 from freshman year through their lives - Julian is the focus. We follow how his friendship with Carter and his relationship with Mia evolve. It was a quick read - but not cute in a "chick lit" sort of way. And the cover kind of sucks you in - those are some great shoes.

1 comment: